Three words: Research, Teaching, Service.
How can the Division of Student Affairs partner with you to support your work at UGA?
Academic Partnerships and Initiatives serves as a nexus between colleagues at UGA and the 18 departments of UGA's Division of Student Affairs -- including Student Affairs' many natural laboratories, facilities, co-curricular programs, and university-wide Centers. API seeks to enhance and enrich the tripartite mission of UGA by building mutually-beneficial relationships between units that have not historically worked together, AND by innovating how we employ the readily available resources within the University.
- Research: Do you have a basic research or applied project that would benefit from data gathered at, for example, University Housing residence halls or the University Health Center's labs?
- Instruction: Do you have scholarly expertise that you would like to share with the diverse and large audiences that Student Affairs reaches?
- Service: Are you looking for new, interesting ways to serve at the university?
If this intrigues you, keep reading. To get started, let's first look at a few numbers.
DID YOU KNOW?
- UGA Student Affairs is where over 8,000 students and their families call home: We operate 42 different residence halls and apartment/townhome buildings across campus. We partnered with local charities and diverted 57,600 pounds of unwanted items away from landfills as part of our sustainability initiative in 2015.
- We serve over 22,000 unique patients at the University Health Center each year.
- 200+ student veterans attend UGA and are served by our Student Veterans Resource Center.
- We have 12 students serving as LGBT Ambassadors throughout UGA and the LGBTRC offers Safe Space trainings throughout the academic year.
- Student Activities offered 170 student programs, including a Sam Hunt concert, Film on the 50 and Dawgs After Dark, with total attendance of more than 62,000.
- The Disability Resource Center not only serves students' needs at UGA, but offers Academic coaching and technology support as well.
- Our UGACard office produced over 18,700 UGA ID's, 1,500 professional headshots, and 1,200 passport photos this past year.
We partner with UGA faculty in a variety of ways to support the research mission of the University of Georgia. We serve as Co-PI's on NSF, NIH, and other sponsored projects. The Division of Student Affairs is a principal laboratory for research at the university. Contact Dr. Michele Howard for more information about how we can partner with you to advance high-impact scholarship or partner to pursue external funding.